Ragtag Daily Prompt of the day : burble
Saturday, Octber 6, 2018
Create a new post inspired by today’s prompt. Feel free to be inspired to write fiction, nonfiction or create photos, art.
Words that sound the sounds they make have always been fun to me. I hope you like this onomatopoeia.
1. low continuous murmuring noise
3. the breaking up of the smooth flow of air about a body (such as an airplane wing)
4. baby’s quiet happy nonsensical sounds
1. make a low continuous murmuring noise
2. make a bubbling sound, gurgle
3. to babble, to prattle, to talk foolishly or too much
4. baby making quiet happy nonsensical sounds
Changing meaning: The meaning has changed over time. Used to mean to “bubble someone” which mean to cheat someone in the 14th century. Then in the 19th century morphed into the bubbling sound running water makes or babies make.
Please tag it “RDP” and/or “Ragtag Daily Prompt”. Also create a pingback (copy and paste this url into the word). If the pingback doesn’t work, copy your link in the comments below. Do give pingbacks a little time. Occasionally random pingbacks end up in the spam folder — don’t worry, we all check it regularly and will fish folks out and approve them.