Ragtag Daily Prompt of the day : fall
Saturday, September 29, 2018
Create a new post inspired by today’s prompt. Feel free to be inspired to write fiction, nonfiction or create photos, art.
I thought of doing “autumn” because it’s that season but decided on “fall” as it has several meanings including “autumn” so people can go many different ways with it. Plus it has so many more potential rhymes. Have fun.
1. collapsing; a sudden uncontrollable descent
2. a decrease in size, number, rate, or level; a decline
3. collapse, decline, demise
“the fall of Rome”
4. the loss of a city or fortified place during battle.
5. moral descent, typically through succumbing to temptation.
1. move downward, typically rapidly and freely without control, from a higher to a lower level.
2. (of a person) lose one’s balance and collapse.
3. decrease in number, amount, intensity, or quality.
4. pass into a specified state.
plus there are all the two-word phrases:
fall apart, fall out, fall off, fall in, fall on and more
origin : Old Norse fall ‘downfall, sin.’
Please tag it “RDP” and/or “Ragtag Daily Prompt”. Also create a pingback (copy and paste this url into the word). If the pingback doesn’t work, copy your link in the comments below. Do give pingbacks a little time. Occasionally random pingbacks end up in the spam folder — don’t worry, we all check it regularly and will fish folks out and approve them.